The Institute for Education Futures (IEF) will place De Montfort University at the heart of a global pedagogic and educational network engaged in the dynamic interrelationships between educational processes and societies. The IEF will be a bridge between education sectors and types of provider. It will catalyse policy-into-practice, so DMU can address crucial questions about educational futures and become world-leading in this field.
The objectives of the IEF are as follows.
- To act as a bridge between REF and TEF activities.
- To act as a bridge between the different sectors of educational practice; primary, secondary and tertiary
- To build a REF2021/22 Education Studies submission.
- To establish a distinctive scholarship culture, in order to inform DMU’s engagement with the TEF, and the delivery of the ULTAS, including support for individual pedagogic projects.
- To widen and deepen DMU’s educational and pedagogic research culture, including support for early-career researchers and for career-progression, and through publication and public dissemination.
- To create one unified research unit, combining and amplifying research in the Learning Futures Institute, the Centre for Pedagogic Research, and the Education Research Group.